If you’re an IT manager or strategist, you want to spend your time developing systems and solutions that propel your business forward, in an ideal world …
However, intellectual property, customer data, networks and sensitive equipment – all of these assets can be undermined in minutes by data theft, cybercrime, malicious internal attacks and data breaches.
Here are five reasons why a Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution will allow you to focus on the job in hand, secure in the knowledge that you’re protecting your organisation’s greatest assets.
- Businesses increasingly outsource and open their doors to contractors, partners and external service providers. These third parties need access to your systems and devices to do their job. A PAM solution enables you to give secure remote access to these third parties without the risk of handing out passwords and credentials. Osirium’s unique approach provides a secure layer over your existing active directory. Third parties are matched exactly to just the devices they need to get the job done – and will never be in contact with any of your passwords again.
- At the same time, a great PAM solution will match access to devices, networks and systems precisely to the role of the user (whether they work for you, or are an external resource). It’s a no brainer that limiting access will reduce the number of opportunities to perform a data breach or theft. Gone are the days when your organisation has just two layers of access: user or SysAdmin. You should be able to design bespoke access roles and then modify or delete these roles in minutes as your organisation evolves.
- And, while we’re talking about roles, wouldn’t it be reassuring to have a complete audit trail of exactly who did what, when and on what system? Osirium makes this possible: you can see a snapshot of your system security at any time and store compliance data to streamline audits to demonstrate compliance with GDPR, NIS, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, etc. Not only does this improve the security of your organisation, but you’ll cut the time and cost of compliance exercises.
- We know from chatting with our customers that managing DevOps is becoming more and more challenging. Digital transformation means that the sheer volume and complexity of systems to juggle is increasing every year. Uploads for testing purposes and then deployments related to the lifecycle, or products and services can expose your organisation to security threats via open links to servers and data. Osirium takes away this headache by automating repetitive tasks and processes.
- Finally, it’s a simple point, but an important one: human brains are not designed to remember (and change) multiple complex passwords. The cognitive load is too great and leads to reliance on personal aide memoirs (football teams, pets, children, etc.) You can help your colleagues by taking them out of the password process entirely. Instead, Osirium provides the credentials they need to do their job and nothing more. It’s another no brainer that this dramatic reduction in the number of passwords attached to your organisation will also immediately reduce your attack interface.
Imagine, you’ll never again have to worry about colleagues using “password123” – now that’s reason enough to get a good night’s sleep.
You can try Osirium PxM Platform for free up to 10 devices right here.