Osirium is an award-winning cyber-security specialist providing solutions that control access to privileged accounts, automate secure processes and manage user endpoints. We are rapidly expanding and looking for new Support engineers to join our team and help our increasing customer base. If you can diagnose root causes, formulate resolutions and build lasting relationships with customers, we’d like to meet you.
We are looking for a Support Engineer who can provide high quality assistance to our customers. Every problem is different. You will be tenacious when investigating customer issues, replicating the problem in our test environment if needed, to identify root causes. You will prepare the best action plan to get the customer back to normal service.
At all stages, you will communicate back to the customer regularly, making complex issues easy to understand and assuring them that they are in good hands. You will be confident and composed during remote sessions when immediate support is required.
There is huge scope for learning in this role. You will be exposed to a wealth of technologies; from a full stack of operating system, database, code and web frameworks to communication technologies, networking protocols and APIs. You’ll have a close working relationship with our development team, learning from them when issues are escalated and passing on knowledge relevant to the issue back to the customer.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems and questions. We are proud of our strong customer relationships and our tenacity in providing results. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with technical issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you!
- Maintain a good rapport with customers
- Research and identify solutions to customer issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Communicate with customers, via email, screenshares or chat, until they’ve resolved an issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues internally to the correct teams (e.g. development)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal knowledge base or external resources to provide accurate solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their installation is fully functional after troubleshooting
- Improve and expand written knowledge base (documentation, troubleshooting articles, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Proven work experience as a Support Engineer or similar role
- Ability to read and understand Python code snippets
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Show tenacity when tackling a problem, while remaining composed
- Good understanding of computer systems, networking and other technologies
- Familiarity with help desk ticketing software and screen-sharing
Nice to haves
- Hands-on experience with Linux environments. Experience with Ubuntu a benefit
- Understanding of databases (tables, queries, joins etc.). Experience with Postgres a benefit
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. AutoIT, YAML, XML)
- Use of virtual machine environments (particularly VMware ESXi) and deployment of OVAs
- Exposure to cloud computing technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Familiarity with containerisation (Docker) and virtualisation platforms such as VMWare VSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V